Since 1947, there have been 14 Prime Minister in India. All are Choose by majority vote from the largest bloc in India’s Parliament. Indian PMs are the Chief Executive of the Government of India. From Best Prime Minister of India to most popular and greatest PM of the world, they have sacrificed a lot in there life to gain this position and reputation across the world.They Appoint and sworn-in by President and they are the leader of the party. That is Indian National Congress or Bhartiya Janta Party. Each of them is associated with the different political party. There are many great decisions ever made by them, that has changed the Indian Society and History. These former and Brilliant PMs has given us a lot to stand. Such as Education, Equality, Judiciary system, Employment, Development etc.
India is not an easy place to govern, and it never was. As India has ruled by British and in the year 1947, just because of a few Freedom fighters, India got independence. It is impossible to rank these extraordinary pioneers of India as each of them helped in molding and building up our incredible country. You all may know, Who was the First Prime Minister of India? Who was the Second PMO of India? Then Who was Next? but do you know, How Was their journey to become one of the Best PM of India? You are eager to know this, Right? Wait! I will tell you every single thing about the journey of our Greatest Prime Ministers of India.
Here is List of all thePMO’s that is best Known For Their Work and Reputation they have achieved.
The very First leader of the country Jawaharlal Nehru was born on 14 November 1889 in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. NehruJi was the leader of Indian National Congress Party. He became India’s First Prime Minister in the year 1947. He served the country until his death in 1964. Many things about India today is the result of his vision. Such as World class Institutes of Higher learning, Our space programme, and the widespread use of English that gives India an advantage in the globalized world.
Nehru deserves the title of best PM of India ever as because of him India is still a Vibrant Democracy, and this is surely his biggest achievement. He is considered as a designer of modern Indian Nation-state. Under his leadership, the Congress emerged as the catch-all party, Dominating national and state-level politics and won consecutive elections in the year 1951, 1957 and 1962.
Here are few facts related to the life of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Jawaharlal Nehru was born on 14 November and his birthday is celebrated as Children’s Day in India.
- He was the paramount leader of the Indian independence movement.
- He was often criticized for allowing and supporting India’s Partition into India and Pakistan. This was indeed a good decision for India.
- Nehru Implemented the non-alignment policy for a large nation with diverse interests. Non-alignment allows India to pursue its own strategies autonomy.
Nehru may not have pursued the right economic policies but at least under him, India began industrializing. He helped India by laying out general parameters that actually ended up being very sound and beneficial to India throughout its history. For all these Things and his great leadership qualities, he is still knowns as one of the best PM of India.
While Jawaharlal Nehru was the 1st Prime Minister of India. While His Daughter Indira Gandhi was the Third. Indira Gandhi was born on 19 November 1917 and till date, she is the only female 1st prime minister of India. She served as Prime Minister from January 1966 to March 1977. Then again from January 1980 to October 1984. She was the second longest serving Indian PM after her father.
In the year 1959, she was elected as Congress President and after her father’s death in 1964 she was appointed as a member of Rajya Sabha. And later on became One of the best PMs of India. Indira Gandhi is well known as Toughest lady of India. She is one of the Worlds best prime minister. She was a determined and ruthless political leader.
Here are some of Indira Gandhi’s Accomplishments;
- She introduced successful program knowns as Green Revolution that transformed the country into a self-sufficient in food grains.
- Indian Victory over Indo-Pakistani War was her Biggest achievement.
- India’s parliament was stable as her party has a majority.
- She promoted policies like family planning and women’s rights.
Gandhi was voted out of office after serving three terms. She has her increasingly authoritarian policies including a 21-month state of emergency. In which Indians constitutional rights were restricted. however, she again elected in the fourth term. Indira Gandhi was assassinated by two of her bodyguards on October 31, 1984. Although, all her achievements are still making her one of the best.
Son of Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi was born on 20 August 1944. He was the 6th Prime Minister of India from 1984 to 1989. After Assassination of her mother in the year 1984, he took office and later became the youngest prime minister of India at the age of 40. He attended college in the United Kingdom and returned to India in the year 1966. Gandhi then became a professional pilot for the state-owned Indian Airlines.
He becomes the third generation in his family to become the prime minister of India after his Grandfather Jawarlal Nehru and his Mother, Indira Gandhi. Gandhi has emerged as one of India’s More controversial Prime Ministers. Due to his alleged involvement in the Bofors Scandal worth Rs. 640 million.
Some of His Achievements Includes:
- After becoming Prime Minister, He Brought energy, Enthusiasm, and a Vision to a Country about caste, creed, and Religion.
- He worked to raise the educational standard by both modernizing and expanding the sector.
- His contribution to reducing taxes and traffic was reduced on technology-based enterprises, encouraging growth in telecommunications, airlines, and computers.
He believes “India Missed the Industrial Revolution; it cannot afford to miss the Computer Revolution”.
Rajiv Gandhi was the First to talk of taking India into the 21st Century. But his Tragically early death left many wondering what might have been happened. He is well known as Youngest India’s First Prime Minister and one of Best PM of India.
PV Narasimha Rao
Born on June 28, 1921, PV Narasimha Rao was the 9th PM and Best Prime Minister of India. After Rajeev Gandhi’s Assassination, he came to power and became the first Non-Gandhi to complete a five years term. He played the role of the God Father of India’s much needed economic reforms by overseeing a major economic transformation.
In the List of all Prime Minister of India, Rao is known as most Popular Prime Minister of India. The Dismantling of the Licence Raj was a major milestone in the history of Indian Economy. For This Achievement, he is Called Best PM of India. It reversed the socialist policies adopted by the successive Indian Governments after the independence.
The most Intelligent Prime Minister of India, Narasimha Rao has rescued India from an economic collapse and set the pace for recovery and growth. Because of his Visionary Leadership, He is One of the best Prime Minister of the world.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
The first PM of India belongs to a Non-Congress party is None other than Most Intelligent Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He was born on 25 December 1924 and India’s tenth prime minister. During his rule, the assumptions of India’s foreign policy and domestic goals were changed. And so, His rule was Important in Indian History. He embraced development and Modernization in a way that Congress could not.
Under Vajpayee only, India began to establish the foundations of human development. He was a Parliamentarian for over for Decades, worked as a member of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. Vajpayee served as a member of parliament until the year 2009, when he was retired due to health issues. You may not know this but he was also the Minister of External Affairs in the cabinet of Morarji Desai.
His great achievements include;
- Vajpayee created a foundation with Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Which made education for children between 6 to 14 Years a fundamental Right.
- In the year 1998, India Conducted 5 nuclear test in a week.
- New Telecom Policy of Vajpayee led to a telecom penetration rate rise from 3%(1999) to over 70% in October 2012.
- He maintained a Strong GDP growth during his Time even after facing a Devastating Earthquake (2001), Two Cyclones( 1999 and 2000), The worst drought (2002-2003).
- Vajpayee Approved the Delhi Metro Project.
- He announced his first spacecraft named Chandrayaan-1 to the moon by 2008.
He has failed to market his achievements well. But still, He is the Most Popular. Ultimately, for his overwhelming political image, he is one of the best PM of India.
The Honorable Manmohan Singh, Born on 26 September 1932. He served at his best for straight 10 years. His Critics may call him worst prime minister of India or Weakest PM ever but the way he managed and invested in various national and global issues related to economics or health, he proved himself one of the best and most intelligent Prime Ministers of India.
He worked at various posts such as Advisor to the foreign trade Ministry, Chief Economic Advisor in the Ministry of Finance, Governor of Reserve Bank of India and Head of The Planning Commision. Manmohan Singh has the ability to stand above any allegation such as world foolish prime minister.
This Great man said: “A loser is one who has ‘Given Up on His Dreams’, so long as you are trying, you haven’t lost yet!”
Some of his Major Works and Achievements include:
- Manmohan Singh was Successful in Implementing economic reforms as the Finance Minister. It aimed at enhancing the productivity and liberalization of the economy.
- He Worked to improve the conditions of India’s Poor, Resolved conflicts with Pakistan.
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act(NREGA) and Right to Information Act were passed by the parliament During his Government.
- He also contributed in strengthening anti-terror laws with amendments to UAPA.
The no-nonsense Image and Brilliant Bureaucratic experience are still acknowledged by the people. He is still one among the Best. Despite the Criticism, he faced during his second term for fostering a too close relationship with the United States, He is Regarded as the key architect to usher India into new Economic Mould. He is a Great Thinker and no doubt one of the Best PMs of India.
India’s Current Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on the PM list of India because, in spite of just a few years in the workplace, he is the most popular prime minister in the world. Born on 17 September 1950, he has completed three years of his term. From a tea vendor to Best PM of India, Modi has faced a lot and similarly Did A lot more than that for the public. He is also the Most intelligent prime minister of India.
Here are some Key achievements of Modi Government in last 3 Years.
- Modi gave the Vision of Digital India, Skill India, and Make-in-India with focus on defense and electronics, primarily to create jobs.
- He formulated and implemented GST. A pan India tax regime for goods and services.
- He took a step against corruption through demonetization of high denomination currency notes.
- Modi started Swachh Bharat Mission that focuses on Clean India.
- He made various international standing and did much settlement of various international issues.
In just three years of his PM life, he did many changes to India and we are looking forward to a lot more. I m quite sure that he will stand out as the biggest pioneer of the nation and for sure the best Prime Minister in the world.
It was the List of all the Prime Minister of India who contributed a lot to the country. Jai Hind! Jai Bharat!